HeadFirst Breastfeeding Class
Gets you and your baby off to a great start with information that will empower you. Our three-hour class will get you ready for the first hour, first days and weeks of your breastfeeding"career." We teach the basics of positioning and latch. Make time for social practice with dolls and answer all your questions.
- Cultural Expectations of newborn mothers
- Skin to Skin and breastfeeding
- Breast anatomy & physiology - How does it work?
- Breastfeeding in a hospital setting
- Breastfeeding in the first weeks of life
- Getting to know baby's reflexes & feeding cues
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- Support from partner & family
- How to avoid early BF challenges: sore nipples, engorgement, ,mastitis
- When to ask for help/refer out to a certified lactation consultant
- Going back to work & Pumping
- How to breastfeed in public
Our classes are intimate and small in size to allow for connection between participants and answer all your questions.
Doulas in the process of certification are invited to register for this class. It is DONA CEUs Approved.
Instructor: Yana Katzap-Nackman BA,CD(DONA), PCD(DONA),IBCLC, RLC an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Lactation Educator, Certified Birth & Postpartum Doula and a breastfeeding mother.