Head First Breastfeeding class
Our Breastfeeding class will introduce you to the art and joy of breastfeeding.
Our three-hour class will get you ready for the initiation of breastfeeding in the first days and weeks. The class will include the following topics:
Additional topics include:
- Prenatal Preparation
- Breast anatomy & physiology - How does it work?
- Positioning and Latch - the Art of Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding in a hospital setting
- Breastfeeding in the first weeks of life
- getting to know baby's reflexes & feding cues cues
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- Support from partner & family
- How to avoid early BF challenges: sore nipples, engorgment, ,mastitis
- When to ask for help/refer out to a certified lactation consultant
- How to breastfeed in public
- Going back to work & Pumping
And much more...
The class will allow for doll demonstration, positioning practice, and Q&A time. Doulas in the process of certification are invited to register for this class. It is DONA CEUs Approved
Class Fee: $75.00
Instructor: Yana Katzap-Nackman BA,IBCLC, RLC an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Lactation Educator, and a breastfeeding mother.