HeadFirst Breastfeeding class
Get you and your baby off to a great start with information that will empower you.
Our three-hour class will get you ready for the first hour, first days and weeks of your breastfeeding "career". We will cover positioning and latch. Make time for social practice with dolls and answer all your questions
Additional topics include:
- Breast anatomy & physiology - How does it work?
- Breastfeeding in a hospital setting
- Breastfeeding in the first weeks of life
- getting to know baby's reflexes & feding cues cues
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- Support from partner & family
- How to avoid early BF challenges: sore nipples, engorgment, ,mastitis
- When to ask for help/refer out to a certified lactation consultant
- Going back to work & Pumping
- How to breastfeed in public
And much more...
Doulas in the process of certification are invited to register for this class. It is DONA CEUs Approved
Class Fee: $75.00
Instructor: Yana Katzap-Nackman BA,IBCLC, RLC an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Lactation Educator, and a breastfeeding mother.