Head First Breastfeeding class
Our Breastfeeding class will introduce you to the art and enjoyment of breastfeeding.
Our three-hour class will inspire you to explore a new way to connect with your new identity as a mother and fall inlove with your newborn over and over again. The class will include initial breastfeeding, creative ways of bringing baby to breast, and helpful tips for partners to help them participate in the breastfeeding experience.
Additional topics include:
- Prenatal Preparation
- Breast anatomy & physiology - How does it work?
- Positioning and Latch - the Art of Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding in a hospital setting
- getting to know baby's reflexes & hunger cues
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- Support from partner & family
- How to avoid early BF challenges: engorgement, sore nipples,mastitis
- When to ask for help/refer out to a certified lactation consultant
- How to breastfeed in public
- Going back to work & Pumping
And much more...
The class will allow for doll demonstration, positioning practice, and Q&A time. Doulas in the process of certification are invited to register for this class. It is DONA CEUs Approved
Class Fee: $75.00
Instructor: Yana Katzap-Nackman IBCLC,CLE an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Lactation Educator, and a breastfeeding mother.